Home > Forty Plus (SJP)
Forty Plus (SJP)
(Based on a 1950's & 1960's brochures)
MOST POPULAR SEAGULL for: Rowboats, fishing boats, insurance motor, inflatable boats, displacement hulls to 800 lbs. and 18'. Sailboat kicker for: Bull's Eye, Lido 14, Maurauder, Enterprise, Mercury, Mobjack, Falcon, Flying Tern, Blue Jay, 420, 505, Int 14, Javelin, Pintail, Gemini, Snipe, Windjammer, Cape Dory, Albacore, Ospray, Day Sailer, Discoverer, Thistle, Redhead, Interlake, Comet, Puffin, Rebel, Bantam, Shearwater, Wayfarer.
- Type of Motor : Single cyclinder, 3 port, 2-stroke, water cooled
- Bore: 45mm.
- Stroke: 40mm.
- H.P. Category: 3
- Approx. R.P.M., Max: 4000
- Power Unit: Gasoline and oil mixture, pressure fed from crankcase
- Gearbox: Gear Oil (NOT Grease), No gun required for replenishment
- Exhaust System: Straight through expansion chambers. Underwater outlet.
- Reduction Gear Ratio: 10/35
- Clutch: Not Available
- Propeller: 4 blade, 9" dia. Compound Pitch
- Steering: Pivoting motor, adjustable tenstion, folding and tilting tiller, friction mounted.
- Ignition: Seagull "Instarter Magnition" system. A very high voltage spark from a flywheel magneto fires the charge in a cylinder head of exceptionally quick-starting characteristics.
- Bearings: Alloy bronze. No ball or roller races. All bearings non-corrosive and rustless
- Cylinder: Fine grain, cast iron, fully jacketed and water cooled
- Cylinder Head: Seagull Alloy.
- Crankcase: Seagull Alloy.
- Crankshaft: Counterbalanced steel alloy stamping
- Connecting Rod: Seagull Alloy.
- Piston: Aluminium alloy, plated with treated rings
- Gearbox: Seagull saltwater-resisting alloy
- Water Pump: Valveless centrifugal. No glands or packing seals
- Gears: Nickel steel case-hardened and ground
- Stern Bracket: Patent Seagull detachable, clamp-on or bolt-on as required
- Fuel Tank: Gravity feed, enamelled Black, Gold or Blue (brass or steel)
WEIGHTS & MEASUREMENTS
- Dry Weight: 28lb.
- Maximum Freeboard (Top of stern to waterline)
- Standard Shaft: 16"
- Long Shaft: 22"
- Distance (Top of bracket arch to centre of propeller)
- Standard Shaft: 23"
- Long Shaft: 29"
- Overall Length
- Standard Shaft: 37 1/2"
- Long Shaft: 43 1/2"
- Overall Breadth
- Standard & Long Shaft: 10 1/2"
- Overall Depth
- Standard & Long Shaft: 12 1/2"
- Cruising Fuel Consumption per Gallon, 1/2-3/4 throttle: 5 3/4 hrs. approx.
- Tank Capacity
- Standard: 4 pints
- Long Range: 5 1/2 pints