Home > Century 100 (LLS)
Century 100 (LLS)
(Based on a 1960's brochure)
This all-purpose engine has plenty of guts, is light in weight, quiet, very economical, docile enough for a 10-ft. dinghy, yet quite capable of towing half a dozen dinghies home against the ebb, plus any more that can get a line aboard!!
As an auxiliary it's quite unmatched, and like all Seagulls it is designed for real work, all day and day after day, with the minimum of attention and service.
Drive displacement hulls to 21', excellent towing power, large inflatables. Sailboat kicker for: Flying Scot, Lighting, Rhodes 19, Celebrity, Ford 20, Highlander, Tempest, Star, Rainbow, Mariner, Cal 20, Alacrity, Vivacity, Ensign, Islander 21, Plastrend-Mustang, Grampion 22, Imperial 23, Golif, Columbia 22, Hurley 17-20-22, Mouette, Flamingo, Nomad, Kittiwake 23, Sailmaster 22, South Coast 23, Santana 20, Kestrel, Orion, Raven, Phoenix, Signet 20.
- Type of Motor : Single cyclinder, 3 port, 2-stroke, water cooled
- Bore: 57mm.
- Stroke: 40mm.
- H.P. Category: 3-4
- Approx. R.P.M., Max: 3800
- Power Unit: Gasoline and oil mixture, pressure fed from crankcase
- Gearbox: Gear Oil (NOT Grease), No gun required for replenishment
- Exhaust System: Straight through expansion chambers. Underwater outlet.
- Reduction Gear Ratio: 10/35
- Clutch: Not Available
- Propeller: 4 blade, 9" dia. Compound Pitch
- Steering: Pivoting motor, adjustable tenstion, folding and tilting tiller, friction mounted.
- Ignition: Seagull "Instarter Magnition" system. A very high voltage spark from a flywheel magneto fires the charge in a cylinder head of exceptionally quick-starting characteristics.
- Bearings: Alloy bronze. No ball or roller races. All bearings non-corrosive and rustless
- Cylinder: Fine grain, cast iron, fully jacketed and water cooled
- Cylinder Head: Seagull Alloy.
- Crankcase: Seagull Alloy.
- Crankshaft: Counterbalanced steel alloy stamping
- Connecting Rod: Seagull Alloy.
- Piston: Aluminium alloy, plated with treated rings
- Gearbox: Seagull saltwater-resisting alloy
- Water Pump: Valveless centrifugal. No glands or packing seals
- Gears: Nickel steel case-hardened and ground
- Stern Bracket: Patent Seagull detachable, clamp-on or bolt-on as required
- Fuel Tank: Gravity feed, enamelled Black, Gold or Blue (brass or steel)
WEIGHTS & MEASUREMENTS
- Dry Weight: 33lb.
- Maximum Freeboard (Top of stern to waterline)
- Standard Shaft: 16"
- Long Shaft: 22"
- Distance (Top of bracket arch to centre of propeller)
- Standard Shaft: 23"
- Long Shaft: 29"
- Overall Length
- Standard Shaft: 37 1/2"
- Long Shaft: 43 1/2"
- Overall Breadth
- Standard & Long Shaft: 10 1/2"
- Overall Depth
- Standard & Long Shaft: 12 1/2"
- Cruising Fuel Consumption per Gallon, 1/2-3/4 throttle: 3 1/2 hrs. approx.
- Tank Capacity
- Standard: 4 pints
- Long Range: 5 1/2 pints