Home > Century 100 Plus (CP & CPC)
Century 100 Plus (CP & CPC)
(Based on a 1960's brochure)
The only motor of its kind in the world. Little bigger than the Century, but with more thrust, it's the last word in effortless efficiency and effectiveness.
Quieter, smoother, with a huge slower running propeller and even more economical, it's built to drive heavy loads, in rough water, with the least possible fuss - in fact, this is the outfit for anyone with a living to earn afloat - designed to save money as well as make it!!
Magnum sized propeller and gear reduction. The engine for work on the water: heavy fishing boats, barges, ferries, work boats to 25'. Sailboat auxilary for: Shark 24, Morgan 24, Rainbow Weekender, Lark, Wesco, Coranado 25, Tarton 27, Cal-25, Amphibi-Con, Ariel, Commander, Excalibur, Thunderbird, Outlaw, Cal 28, HR-28, Redwing, Columbia 24, Soverel 28, Islander 29, Constellation, Regent, East Wind, Corsair, SC 25, Tylercraft 24, Dolphin, Westerly, Crescent.
- Type of Motor : Single cyclinder, 3 port, 2-stroke, water cooled
- Bore: 57mm.
- Stroke: 40mm.
- H.P. Category: 4-5
- Approx. R.P.M., Max: 4000
- Power Unit: Gasoline and oil mixture, pressure fed from crankcase
- Gearbox: Gear Oil (NOT Grease), No gun required for replenishment
- Exhaust System: Straight through expansion chambers. Underwater outlet.
- Reduction Gear Ratio: 12/48
- Clutch: Positive self-adjusting incorporating free-wheel.
- Propeller: 4 blade, 11" dia. Compound Pitch (5 Blade with clutch)
- Steering: Pivoting motor, adjustable tenstion, folding and tilting tiller, friction mounted.
- Ignition: Seagull "Instarter Magnition" system. A very high voltage spark from a flywheel magneto fires the charge in a cylinder head of exceptionally quick-starting characteristics.
- Bearings: Alloy bronze. No ball or roller races. All bearings non-corrosive and rustless
- Cylinder: Fine grain, cast iron, fully jacketed and water cooled
- Cylinder Head: Seagull Alloy.
- Crankcase: Seagull Alloy.
- Crankshaft: Counterbalanced steel alloy stamping
- Connecting Rod: Seagull Alloy.
- Piston: Aluminium alloy, plated with treated rings
- Gearbox: Seagull saltwater-resisting alloy
- Water Pump: Valveless centrifugal. No glands or packing seals
- Gears: Nickel steel case-hardened and ground
- Stern Bracket: Patent Seagull detachable, clamp-on or bolt-on as required
- Fuel Tank: Gravity feed, enamelled Black, Gold or Blue (brass or steel)
WEIGHTS & MEASUREMENTS
- Dry Weight: 37lb.
- Maximum Freeboard (Top of stern to waterline)
- Standard Shaft: 16"
- Long Shaft: 22"
- Distance (Top of bracket arch to centre of propeller)
- Standard Shaft: 24 1/2 "
- Long Shaft: 30 1/2 "
- Overall Length
- Standard Shaft: 41 1/2"
- Long Shaft: 47 1/2"
- Overall Breadth
- Standard & Long Shaft: 12"
- Overall Depth
- Standard & Long Shaft: 12 1/2"
- Cruising Fuel Consumption per Gallon, 1/2-3/4 throttle: 3 1/4 hrs. approx.
- Tank Capacity
- Standard: 4 pints
- Long Range: 5 1/2 pints