Home > Silver Cenury Plus (WSPC)
Silver Century Plus (WSPC)
(Based on a 1970's brochure)
Magnum sized propeller and gear reduction... to drive heavy loads at displacement speeds. The engine for work on the water; heavy fishing boats, barges, small ferries, work boats. Not suggested for light dinghies or inflatables. Some, not all, of the sailboats suggested for Silver Century Plus are: Rainbow, Raven, Shark, Cal 20, Sunstar 18, Balboa 20, Vivacity 20, Cal 21, Venture 22 and many others.
- Type of Motor : Single cyclinder, 3 port, 2-stroke, water cooled
- Bore: 57mm.
- Stroke: 44mm.
- H.P. Category: 4-5 1/2
- Approx. R.P.M., Max: 4500
- Power Unit: Gasoline and oil mixture, pressure fed from crankcase
- Gearbox: Gear Oil (NOT Grease), No gun required for replenishment
- Exhaust System: Straight through expansion chambers. Underwater outlet.
- Reduction Gear Ratio: 12/48
- Clutch: Fitted as Standard
- Propeller: 5 blade, 11" (280mm) dia. Seagull "Hydrofan", Compound Pitch
- Steering: Pivoting motor, adjustable tenstion, folding and tilting tiller, friction mounted.
- Ignition: Seagull "Instarter Magnition" system. A very high voltage spark from a flywheel magneto fires the charge in a cylinder head of exceptionally quick-starting characteristics.
- Bearings: Alloy bronze. No ball or roller races. All bearings non-corrosive and rustless
- Cylinder: Fine grain, cast iron, fully jacketed and water cooled
- Cylinder Head: Seagull Alloy.
- Crankcase: Seagull Alloy.
- Crankshaft: Counterbalanced steel alloy stamping
- Connecting Rod: Seagull Alloy.
- Piston: Aluminium alloy, plated with treated rings
- Gearbox: Seagull saltwater-resisting alloy
- Water Pump: Valveless centrifugal. No glands or packing seals
- Gears: Nickel steel case-hardened and ground
- Stern Bracket: Patent Seagull detachable, clamp-on or bolt-on as required
- Fuel Tank: Gravity feed, enamelled Black, Gold or Blue (brass or steel)
WEIGHTS & MEASUREMENTS
- Dry Weight: 37lb., 17Kg.
- Maximum Freeboard (Top of stern to waterline)
- Standard Shaft: 16", 406mm.
- Long Shaft: 22", 558mm.
- Distance (Top of bracket arch to centre of propeller)
- Standard Shaft: 24 1/2", 622mm.
- Long Shaft: 30 1/2", 775mm.
- Overall Length
- Standard Shaft: 41 1/2", 1054mm.
- Long Shaft: 47 1/2", 1206mm.
- Overall Breadth
- Standard & Long Shaft: 12", 305mm.
- Overall Depth
- Standard & Long Shaft: 12 1/2", 317mm.
- Cruising Fuel Consumption per Gallon, 1/2-3/4 throttle: 2 1/2 hrs. approx.
- Tank Capacity
- Standard*: 4 pints, 2.27 litres
- Long Range*: 5 1/2 pints, 3.12 litres
- Extra-Long Range*: 1 gallon, 4.5 litres