Home > Model 170
(Based on a 1980's brochure)
A totally redesigned multi-ported loop charged power unit with modern combustion chamber shapes, more substantial crankshaft and even bigger plain bearings provide twice the power of any other Seagull engine, and when coupled to the wide ratio gearbox and large diameter propeller, develop a 170 lbs of static thrust and that makes the engine suitable for sailboats and emergency use on power boats up to around 25' - 30' in length.
This radically new design still retains the well known features such as plain phosphor bronze bearings, marine grade cast iron cylinder and water jacket and case hardened nickel steel crank shaft that have given our engines almost unlimited life, and have established Seagull as firm favourites throughout the world for the past 50 years.
- General characteristics: Single cyclinder 4 port, 2 stroke water cooled. Loop Scavenged
- Bore & stroke: 2.24 x 1.57 ins/ 57 x 40mm
- Cubic capacity: 6.22 cu ins/ 102cc
- Propeller thrust: 170 lbs (77 kilos)(equiv. 7.5hp models)
- Reduction gear ratio: 3-1 FNR
- Propeller: 4 blade anti-weed 10 5/8 ins/ 270mm dia.
- Ignition: Breakerless capacitor discharge fully sealed and waterproof
- Cooling: Water cooled by centrifugal impeller
- Transom bracket: Clamp-on with patented reverse lock
- Tank capacity: 6 gallon remote
- Average fuel consumption 1/2 - 3/4 throttle: 3.5 pints/ 2 litres/ hour, US .525 gals
- Maximum freeboard (top of stern to water line)
Standard shaft: 15 ins/ 381mm
Long shaft: 20 ins/ 508mm
- Overall length
Standard shaft: 45.5 ins/ 1105mm
Long shaft: 49.5 ins/1257mm
- Overal breadth: 13 ins/ 381mm
- Overal depth: 16 ins/ 406mm
- Dry weight (inc. bracket): 58 lbs/ 26kg