Home > Model 45
(Based on a 1980's brochure)
The Featherweight 45, our smallest motor is designed for use on dinghies, inflatables and canoes. It has ample power to attain the maximum displacement speed on craft under 10 feet/ 3m. Designed to be worked hard, but not object to being buried in a locker or hung on the stern rail of the parent boat until needed. Seagulls marine grade materials ensure that your valuable motor will not corrode away in a salt water atmosphere. Available in one shaft length 13".
- General characteristics: Single cyclinder 3 port, 2 stroke water cooled.
- Bore & stroke: 1.77 x 1.57 ins/ 45 x 40mm
- Cubic capacity: 3.91 cu ins/ 64cc
- Propeller thrust: 45 lbs (20.3 kilos) (equiv. 2hp models)
- Reduction gear ratio: 2.1-1
- Propeller: 6 3/4 ins/ 172mm dia.
- Ignition: Breakerless capacitor discharge fully sealed and waterproof
- Cooling: Water cooled by centrifugal impeller
- Transom bracket: Detachable clamp-on type
- Standard tank capacity: 4 pints/ 2.27 litres, US .6 gals
- Long range tank capacity: 1 gallon/ 4.5 litres, US 1.2 gals
- Average fuel consumption 1/2 - 3/4: 1.70 pints/ 0.96 litres/ hour, US .255 gals
- Maximum freeboard (top of stern to water line)
Standard shaft: 13 ins/ 330mm
Long shaft: NA
- Overall length
Standard shaft: 33 ins/ 840mm
Long shaft: NA
- Overal breadth: 10 1/2 ins/ 267mm
- Overal depth: 12 1/2 ins/ 317mm
- Dry weight (inc. bracket): 32 lbs/ 14kg approx.