Home > Model 55
(Based on a 1980's brochure)
Similar to the model 60, the model 55 is designed for dinghies, day sailers, fishing boats, and stand-by power for larger power boats.
The model 55 is light in weight, easy to store and develops a full 55 lbs. of thrust. Standard equipment includes recoil starter, weedless propeller and a forward/ neutral clutch. Available in two shaft lengths 15" and 20".
*Recoil starter is standard
- General characteristics: Single cyclinder 3 port, 2 stroke water cooled.
- Bore & stroke: 1.77 x 1.57 ins/ 45 x 40mm
- Cubic capacity: 3.91 cu ins/ 64cc
- Propeller thrust: 60 lbs (27 kilos) (equiv. 3hp models)
- Reduction gear ratio: 2.5-1 F. N. gears
- Propeller: 3 blade anti-weed 8 ins/ 203mm dia.
- Ignition: Breakerless capacitor discharge fully sealed and waterproof
- Cooling: Water cooled by centrifugal impeller
- Transom bracket: Detachable clamp-on type
- Standard tank capacity: 4 pints/ 2.27 litres, US .6 gals
- Long range tank capacity: 1 gallon/ 4.5 litres, US 1.2 gals
- Average fuel consumption 1/2 - 3/4: 1.70 pints/ 0.96 litres/ hour, US .255 gals
- Maximum freeboard (top of stern to water line)
Standard shaft: 15 ins/ 381mm
Long shaft: 20 ins/ 508mm
- Overall length
Standard shaft: 37 1/2 ins/ 952mm
Long shaft: 43 1/2 ins/1105mm
- Overal breadth: 10 1/2 ins/ 267mm
- Overal depth: 12 1/2 ins/ 317mm
- Dry weight (inc. bracket): 37 lbs/ 17kg approx.