Home > Model 60
(Based on a 1980's brochure)
Our most versatile motor, the Seagull 60 is designed for larger dinghies, day sailers, fishing boats and stand-by power on power boats.
Seagulls feature many items not found on other motors, such as waterproof ignition, solid phosphor bronze bearings, centrifugal water impeller. A spring drive propeller enables the Seagull 60 to operate in shallow, dirty water and take rough and tumble of small boat use. No wonder it is the favourite of hire boat and charter operators throughout the world. Available in two shaft lengths 15" and 20".
- General characteristics: Single cyclinder 3 port, 2 stroke water cooled.
- Bore & stroke: 1.77 x 1.57 ins/ 45 x 40mm
- Cubic capacity: 3.91 cu ins/ 64cc
- Propeller thrust: 60 lbs (27 kilos) (equiv. 3hp models)
- Reduction gear ratio: 3.5-1
- Propeller: 4 blade 9 ins/ 228mm dia.
- Ignition: Breakerless capacitor discharge fully sealed and waterproof
- Cooling: Water cooled by centrifugal impeller
- Transom bracket: Detachable clamp-on type
- Standard tank capacity: 4 pints/ 2.27 litres, US .6 gals
- Long range tank capacity: 1 gallon/ 4.5 litres, US 1.2 gals
- Average fuel consumption 1/2 - 3/4: 1.70 pints/ 0.96 litres/ hour, US .255 gals
- Maximum freeboard (top of stern to water line)
Standard shaft: 15 ins/ 381mm
Long shaft: 20 ins/ 508mm
- Overall length
Standard shaft: 37 1/2 ins/ 952mm
Long shaft: 43 1/2 ins/1105mm
- Overal breadth: 10 1/2 ins/ 267mm
- Overal depth: 12 1/2 ins/ 317mm
- Dry weight (inc. bracket): 34 lbs/ 15.5kg approx.